Sunday, April 19, 2009

Florida Pan Handle

This week I took a trip to visit my grandfathers family i n Florida. We stayed in Quincy and Pensacola. I ate way to much southern cooking, went fishing and visited the beach.


This is a store that my great uncle owns and operates, well now his son does. They have a crazy butcher shop. They had all sorts of pork parts and 10 different kinds of corn starch . They cater to southern cooking.

My great aunt has a boat house just outside of Quincy, Florida. We spent one day fishing with cane poles . I caught 3 turtles, a needle fish and some brim. We didn't keep anything.

On out way to Pensacola we stopped on the side of the road to pick strawberries. You could eat them off the plant. They were so good. I think I ate a pound.

On our way to Pensacola we also stopped at Panama Beach to stick our feet in the sand. I love Florida sand, it is white and fine.

The last day we stopped at the Pensacola Beach, Charlotte loved to eat sand.

4 comments:

Em said...

you look so pretty in this picture!

Ginger said...

i like charlottes outfit in the last photo! did you make that?

Mikelle said...

Looks like you had fun! I'm glad you got to go ...and Charlotte's outfit is so cute in the last picture!

Lindsay said...

Okay, you and charlotte look like models in that last pic. So cute!